The way your website looks matters. You probably already know that you have to have a website to succeed in business today, but you also should know that you can’t have just any old website, you need to have a good-looking website. So why is good web design so important?
- Your Website Is Like An Office Building
You probably wouldn’t want to work in an office building that is messy and has no maintenance being done on it, or visit a store that was disorganized and poorly managed. Likewise, customers are not going to be happy about a website that looks cheap, and has had little effort put into building it. Customers will probably be more interested in doing business with you if they see that you have a good quality website, and that you put the effort in to maintain it.
- A Good Website Makes Your Business Look More Professional
Your website is probably the biggest marketing engine for your business brand. What people know about your company and how they perceive it is affected by what you do with your website. To really make your website stand out, you have to focus on some of these key areas:
- It must be easy to navigate
- It needs to highlight your company logo
- It should have an “About Us” page to help customers understand more about what yo do
- It should have easy access to your contact page
- It should not be oversaturated with fancy gadgets, animations, or wild background colors, but instead have a friendly and welcoming interface that also looks professional
- Your Website Design Affects Its Search Engine Rankings
When talking about website design, search engine optimization (SEO) also goes hand in hand with it. Now SEO is a topic that goes way beyond the breadth of website design and there are a lot of places you can find out about it, but the truth is a website that is not well-designed will have poor SEO rankings. Poor SEO rankings mean your website will be pushed back to page 2 or 3 on Google or Bing, and you don’t want that because your competitors will gain an edge over you if their websites are on the front page.
In conclusion, you don’t want to settle for a cheap but poorly-designed website just to save a few bucks, because in the end you probably will lose business from doing that. Yes, hiring a professional web design company does cost money, but your return on investment will probably be much higher doing so. If you need some less expensive options for a professional website design, you might consider a crowdsource option or possibly hiring a freelancer.